1. GTM Research, SEIA. U.S. Solar Insight, 2015 Year in Review, March 2016.
2. Bloomberg. Clean Energy Investment by the Numbers – End of Year 2015, 2015.
3. Intellectual Property Rights, IRENA, 2013.
4. Duderstadt J., Was G., McGrath R., Muro M., Corradini M., Katehi L., Shangraw R., Sarzynski A. Energy Discovery-Innovation Institutes: a Step toward America's Energy Sustainability, Metropolital Policy Program at Brookings, 2009.
5. Elliott E.D. Why the United States Does not Have a Renewable Energy Policy, Environmental Law Reporter, 2 (2013).
6. Executive Office of the President. A Retrospective Assessment of Clean Energy Investments in the Recovery Act, 2016.
7. Executive Office of the President. A Strategy for American Innovation: Driving towards Sustainable Growth and Quality Jobs, 2009.
8. National Academy of Sciences, National Academy of Engineering, Institute of Medicine of the National Academies, Rising Above the Gathering Storm: Energizing and Employing America for a Brighter Economic Future, 2007, 592 pp. URL: https://www.nap.edu/catalog/11463/rising-above-the-gathering-storm-energizing-and-employing-america-for.
9. Congress, America COMPETES Act, 2007. https://www.congress.gov/110/plaws/publ69/PLAW-110publ69.pdf.
10. Congress, America Creating Opportunities to Meaningfully Promote Excellence in Technology, Education, and Science Reauthorization Act of 2010, 2010. https://www.congress.gov/bill/111th-congress/house-bill/5116.
11. The White House. Fact Sheet: President Obama to Announce Historic Carbon Pollution Standards for Power Plants, 2015. https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2015/08/03/fact-sheet-president-obama-announce-historic-carbon-pollution-standards.
12. Grubler, A., Aguayo, F., Gallagher, K., Hekkert, M., Jiang, K., Mytelka, L., Neij, L., Nemet, G., Wilson, C., 2012. Chapter 24 – Policies for the Energy Technology Innovation System (ETIS), Global Energy Assessment (GEA) – Toward a Sustainable Future. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK and New York, NY, USA, pp. 1665–1744.
13. Bointner R. Innovation in the energy sector: Lessons learnt from R&D expenditures and patents in selected IEA countries, Energy Policy, 73 (2014), pp. 733-747.
14. Sissine F. Renewable Energy R&D Funding History: A Comparison with Funding for Nuclear Energy, Fossil Energy, and Energy Efficiency R&D, Congressional Research Service, 2016. URL: http://nationalaglawcenter.org/wp-content/uploads/assets/crs/RS22858.pdf.
15. NSF. Science and Engineering Indicators, 2016.
16. Frankfurt School-UNEP Centre, BNEF. Global Trends in Renewable Energy Investment 2015.
17. Dechezleprêtre A. Fast-tracking Green Patent Applications, ICTSD, Programme on Innovation, Technology and Intellectual Property, 37 (2013).
18. ARPA-E, ARPA-E Budget. URL: http://arpa-e.energy.gov/?q=arpa-e-site-page/arpa-e-budget.
19. U.S. Department of Energy, SunShot Initiatives Mission. URL: http://energy.gov/eere/sunshot/sunshot-initiative-mission.
20. U.S. Department of Energy, Progress Report: Advancing Solar Energy Across America, 2014. URL: http://energy.gov/articles/progress-report-advancing-solar-energy-across-america.
21. U.S. Department of Energy, Next-Generation Wind Technology. URL: http://energy.gov/eere/next-generation-wind-technology.
22. The White House, The Recovery Act: Transforming the American Economy Through Innovation, 2010. URL: https://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/microsites/Recovery_Act.PDF.